Be informed and prepared
Planning for Retirement is becoming increasingly more complicated.
These are just some of the issues Retirees face today:
- Over 60% of adults 55+ worry more about outliving their Retirement funds than dying
- About 25% of 65 year-olds will live past 90
- 10% of 65 year-olds will live past 95
- 91% of Seniors have a Chronic Illness
- 73% of Seniors have 2 or more Chronic Illnesses
Gone are the days of working for one company for your entire career, then retiring with a guaranteed Pension along with Social Security benefits.
According to the US Social Security Administration, “…benefits are now expected to be payable in full on a timely basis until 2037, when the trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted.”
It is more important than ever to start your plan early, diversify, and adjust for changes. As we have seen over the past few decades, pensions are rare and many companies have gone to a 401K plan. But putting all of your eggs in the 401K basket has proved disastrous for numerous people approaching retirement at the wrong time, most recently in 2008.
Many retirees have been devastated by excessive plan fees and market volatility, which has forced them to stay in the workforce for years longer than originally planned; as seen via this YouTube clip,”401K Fallout 60 Minutes Segment“.
So, it seems pensions and Social Security may both be on the endangered species list!
The good news is that there are ways to plan ahead for these events and ensure that you and your family are protected. There are now financial tools that have the following attributes:
- Protection from Market losses
- Tax-free growth
- No Income Tax in Retirement
- Annual Minimum Guarantees
- Living Benefits
- Extended Cash Flow 20+ years in Retirement
For more information, or to get started on or review your Retirement Plan, contact us